Thursday, October 1, 2009

And the doctor said...

We just got back from a visit with Dr. Sitarz. I got the usual round of questioning...have you felt anything? Any contractions? Any pain? Any strange movements? The answer was the same as usual...NO. I am not feeling like anything is happening with the exception of some weird minuscule, quick flutters of pain that happen VERY infrequently. So, doctor gives me the speech: Since you are at your due date, we could go ahead and induce now, or we can give it some more time. If you still haven't made any progress, inducing doesn't have a great chance of doing much, but if you have made progress, it might be something to consider.

He measured the belly and found that Halfie is now measuring a little bit big, the first time the measurements have been out of the normal range. Of course this could be for any number of reasons, so he isn't giving it much credence.

Finally, he checks me to see if there has been any progress. Surprise, surprise...I AM ALREADY DIALATED TO 4. Dr. Sitarz was a bit surprised. To have gone from NOTHING, NO CHANGE, at last week's appointment to a dialation of 4 this week with NO NOTICEABLE PAIN or DISCOMFORT was a shock for all of us!

He begins talking about my need to call labor and delivery at the first feeling of any pain. He is now concerned that I will be a "parking lot delivery" candidate. Apparently, I have a high pain tolerance or a low number of pain receptors because I haven't noticed a thing. He suspects that we will have our little one here within a couple of days. He said I should wait until Sunday because that is the day he is on duty. We shall see what the body decides to do.

So, now the big question. Whether or not to go to work tomorrow? I still want to go to work, but Ethan thinks I should consider staying home. BAH! I guess I will get some other opinions...Some that agree with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment