Last weekend we celebrated Kaylie and Sophia's 1st birthday! They were very cute in their little polka dot dresses, and they seemed to have lots of fun! We are very lucky that they don't mind being passed around. Cake was lots of fun with big messes! The personalities of the girls really came out during cake time. Kaylie smashed her cake to bits, but seemed very preturbed by the frosting on her! She kept shaking her hands to try and get the frosting off! Kaylie, on the other hand, enjoyed her cake...a lot! She kept getting little handfuls and eating them. She continued to lick and taste until she was forced to stop.
Now what many of you have been waiting for...the ultrasound photos! We wanted to scan them and put them up last night, but I just ran out of steam, so all I wanted to do was go to bed!
Well, here are the pictures from the sonogram! It is unbelievable how much detail they could get! I've never seen an ultrasound that was so clear! Usually they are blurry and hard to tell what is what, but these were awesome! Especially the first one! You can clearly make out the face and hand and all of that good stuff!
O.k., so this one is real...but what is it? Well, the alien head is on the left...uh, I mean the Alice Cooper face...uh, I mean, Halfie's face! I think it looks like a little alien, while Ethan was reminded of Alice Cooper's makeup! The white blob to the right of the head would be the stomach. You can even see a little arm above the stomach.
Another profile shot. This one is of the entire body...almost! The feet are hanging out of the picture! Does this mean big feet like daddy? I think it is cool that you can see the spine! This one also has a little hand waving at you just above Halfie's chin.
Here is the money shot! Now remember, we are looking at a baby who is 6 inches long in total body length, so don't be expecting something monstorous! I don't care if it is "a Romander" as Ethan would say. If you want to find Halfie's peas and carrot, look just to the southeast of the crosshairs in the middle of the picture. That small bump is what you are searching for! It's a baby...What did you expect!?Yes, we know we have to start thinking of a REAL NAME now. Give us some time! We have lots of options to go through, and we have to agree! This is going to take a while! Luckily, we have 4 1/2 months! Until then, Halfie will remain the nickname of choice!
Well, it is time to get ready for bed. We have Walk-a-Thon tomorrow, and I am going to be meeting one of my college friends, Margaret, for dinner. I guess I should be well rested!
Until next time!


The first pix was cute to throw us oldies off. LOL
ReplyDelete