Well hello everyone! It has been about a month since my last post. Life has been very busy. First, I decide to be totally crazy and get a job for the summer! WHAT WAS I THINKING! I will be the principal at San Miguel Elementary for summer school. It's a great opportunity to utilize my newly acquired degree, and I will be able to earn a bit extra cash for staying home after baby boy is born!
The problem with taking the position was that I am going to miss the first two days (the teacher duty days) due to our already planned trip to Yellowstone. As a result, I have been working like a dog to have everything ready before I leave. In addition, this position was opened later than the other position, so I am already behind. As of now, I think I am ready to go. Next week, I have to put together my teachers' material bags and run the copies for the staff meeting and teacher handbooks, but I am fairly close to ready...or so I think!
On May 23rd, I had my graduation. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The school promised 2 hours, and they were correct. Instead of calling each individual name, they call the name of the college and everyone stands to be recognized. For the hooding ceremony, they had us go down a line of professors, and we could be hooded by any of them and return to our seats. This made things go very quickly!
After the ceremony, we had family over for a nice bbq. Ethan did a great job with cooking all kinds of wonderful foods. It was a nice day outside, so we were able to enjoy the backyard and socialize with everyone. I was blessed to have so many wonderful supporters share the day with me!
On top of planning for summer school and preparing the house for guests, I am at the end of the school year, so I am trying to finish report cards, get my room into "shut down" mode, and manage my students for these last few days. At this point, that's what it feels like I am doing...just managing kids! For the first time in 8 years I am actually counting the days!
Finally, I am trying to prepare for our trip to Yellowstone! We leave soon after I get out of school. As a result, I am trying to make sure that I have everything in order for the trip. I am really excited about this! I can 't wait to do a bit of travel!
Luckily, Halfie is taking it all in stride! I am still feeling really good, although I think I got a bit dehydrated during my hike today. I did a mere 4 miles compared to Ethan's 12, but I am walking for two, so I will count it as 8 miles...that sounds great! At my recent doctor's appointment, I got to take the HORRIBLE glucose tolerance test. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, you have to down a bottle full of horribly sugary orange stuff! Then you have to sit quietly for an hour to find out if your body can properly process the sugar. Thank God, I passed with flying colors. Unfortunately, my blood work was not so clear. I am slightly anemic (not terribly surprised, since every time I go to donate blood I am on the borderline), so now I get to take another pill...Iron supplements! Delicious!
Other than that, everything is life as normal...HA! We are trying to enjoy the super cool weather we have been having. I am hoping that this is a sign of how the summer will go! My life would be much simpler if that were the case, and our air conditioning bill would be a lot smaller! A girl can hope!
Now it is time to get some work done around the house! Tomorrow, we are having a consultation for a pet sitter while we are away. Hopefully Suzy and Gus will use their best manners so that the pet sitters will want to stay with them while we are away! Don't tell them, but they have to get baths tonight so that they can make a good first impression! It's time for me to get to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment