We have had a great week! Well, at least mine started off great! On Sunday morning, I was dreaming of chocolate chip pancakes when Ethan walked in the bedroom to wake me up with...YOU GUESSED IT...CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES! Woo Hoo! They were DELICIOUS! I tell you, Ethan must be able to read my mind (or even my dreams) after all these years!
Monday was a difficult day at work. This is by far the most challenging class I have had, and I am very tired when I come home from work! There are years when you have a challenging class due to low academics, poor social skills, or poor behavior. This year I have been blessed with the dreaded TRIAD of reasons for a difficult class. Needless to say, I have been losing a lot of my recess and lunch time working with kids or talking to them about their behavior. This week I had two full days with no breaks because I had to keep kids in during recess and lunch. Now, before those of you who are high and mighty say, "You can't do that, the kids are allowed a break!"...I know this. They get a "break". It's just a break with limited options! All of this "management of children" has got me VERY tired at the end of the day. Poor Ethan has had a zombie for a wife the past week, but he is taking it well!
My Monday night master's class provided some good news! Somehow class was canceled for next week! I don't quite understand why, but I will not argue with that. On top of this, Suzanne and I are finished with out Action Research Project, so we are just putting all of our materials together on a CD (actually, we recruited Ethan for that) and then we will be FINISHED with our coursework...with the exception of some piddly items. YEAH! Our final class is less than a month from now!
I am in week 14 now, and I am still not feeling much different (except for the tiredness). I went to the prenatal check up on Friday, and the doctor says all is well. He was a bit concerned that I have actually lost some weight so far, but we both agreed that it was probably due to my diminished appetite during my cold! Hopefully, we can see the slow, steady gain that he wants now. I have noticed that I get full faster (probably due to shrinking room for stomach expansion), so I am having to eat snacks in between meals to get the required fruits, veggies, and such in. Luckily, I like a lot of fruits and veggies, so my snacks are easy!
This week, I finally chose all of the pictures to put into the 6oth birthday album I made for my mom! I was cropping and resizing them this past week. Now, all I need to do is get them printed and put in the album. I figure a goal of Mother's day should be doable!
This weekend, we are headed to Modesto for my cousin Duane's 20 years of service in the Air Force and promotion to Lt. Colonel party. We will be able to see the entire Gordin family, which will be very nice. Ethan and I will have a chance to share our news with everyone while we are there. Then, the gag order will be lifted from my mom, which I am sure she will be VERY happy about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment