We had a chance to go to Modesto this weekend to visit family. This past week was a bit rough for me because of all the rain. Rainy days = no recess break or lunch break, so I was stuck in the classroom all day with my students. I enjoy my students, but I also enjoy my breaks!
This weekend, the Santa Clara County Reading Council, of which I am the treasurer this year, had a Writing Workshop for Children in South San Jose. It was a wonderful event with the children. They got to hear an author, Tim Meyers, speak. Then they broke into groups to work on writing about their own ideas. The kids seemed to have a good time.
After the workshop, I met Ethan back at home and we did some things around the house before packing up and heading to Motown. Since Ethan's birthday is coming up, my family wanted to celebrate with him. Being that Kristen only had Sunday the 8th available in March, that was the date we chose!
We got into Modesto a bit later than expected. We had a nice dinner with Ethan's parents. Then we went to my parents house and played a game of Ticket to Ride -- I'm pretty sure people are addicted to this game. My mom, as usual, won the game with Ethan coming in second, my dad in third and yours truly in dead last! BUMMER!
The next day, we drove out to Columbia and checked out the sights there. It had been a while since my last trip to Columbia, and a few things had changed, but it was mostly as I remembered. They have installed a "bowling lane", and we had a great time setting up the pins and testing out our abilities on the old wooden lane!
We had lunch in downtown Sonora at a yummy BBQ place. They had homemade desserts, so everyone enjoyed a delicious slice of pie or scoop of ice cream (some people enjoyed both!). Then we drove down to the New Melones Reservoir. We trekked around the lake looking for gold...ha! There was a lot of shale on the sides of the reservoir, so we had fun looking at the pieces and slowly breaking apart some of them to see the layers. Eventually, it was time to head back. We arrived in Modesto around 6:30, and Ethan and I immediately got on the road back to San Jose.
I am now in my 10th week of pregnancy. Halfie has grown considerably...now at 1 1/2 inches. I guess we should use the name Halfie anymore, but we have grown used to it, so I don't think it will change. Plus, it beats using the term "it" for the next several months! I am still feeling really well (yes, I am knocking on wood); however, I am definitely feeling the affects of fatigue. I've also had a stuffy nose the past couple days, which isn't helping the sleep much. Last night I managed to sleep really well, so let's hope that this is a sign of better sleep to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment